Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2018, 02:23:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 351
  • Total Topics: 125
  • Online Today: 2
  • Online Ever: 18
  • (February 17, 2018, 01:13:05 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 2
Total: 2

Author Topic: HP Printer Repairs  (Read 1166 times)

Michael Taverner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
HP Printer Repairs
« on: March 06, 2015, 03:25:15 pm »
Can anybody suggest a company in the Southend area, or even further afield, who might be able to repair my HP printer. Problem with it is that it will not print black text, but does print colours. I have spent an hour on the phone with HP this morning very helpful, but no solution found.
Michael

terry s

• View Profile
Re: HP Printer Repairs
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 01:12:34 pm »
Hi Michael.

I bought an HP B9180 A3 pigment printer off of ebay some years ago for pennies. The printer worked fine initially but then stopped after a while.

Eventually went via HP itself who have a partner company who fix their printers etc.

As it cost me nothing to buy I spent about 70 on an extended warranty which they allowed despite printers age / ownership etc which allowed me to send it back to be refurbished, whilst in the mean time they sent me back a functioning printer. 70 is a lot, but it went all the way back to Czech Repuplic for overhall = also where my replacement came from.

BUT, they put in a new FULL set of inks to test it before sending along with another FULL set of inks as backups, which would have cost me close to 200+ just for the inks, so I was very happy with both the service and the extras for the price.

The page to go and look at is:

http://www.best2serve.com/

Terry

Michael Taverner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: HP Printer Repairs
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 05:50:08 pm »
Terry,

Many thanks for your reply which is very helpful and I will follow up. I have already spent an hour on the phone with HP the conclusion of which was that I needed a new print head. HP don't sell such items and said I might get one on Ebay, but they may be refurbished and not last for long.

As the printer I am talking about is only a basic A4 printer and I can get a new one for 60/80 depending on type I will probably go down that route. It is strange because it is only the black which fails to print. If I convert the document to red or blue for example then all is OK. I might try once more to clean the print head.

I am going to the Photography Show at the NEC tomorrow, maybe there are some offers going there, especially as it is the last day.

Again thanks for you reply, much appreciated.

Michael

2 Guests, 0 Users

Recent